(Full version for iPhone, iPad)
(Full version for phones, tablets and watches)
(Free version for phones and tablets)
This application shows the apparent solar time
, the time you would see on a sundial at your current location. It is the combination of the mean solar time
(which depends on the longitude at your current position), the time difference from the solar equation
which changes over the year because of the ecliptic path of the earth around the sun and optional daylight saving in the summer.
That means the solar time at 12:00pm (noon) is the time of the highest sun position.
- see the time difference in detail
- toggle the display of the seconds
- toggle between 12 and 24 hours
- the background color changes according to the time difference from the solar equation
- the location is automatically updated when you move
- Runs on Android Watches:
Powered by the GeoNames